we have the same issue and escalated it through multiple azure teams.
our quota has been silently set to 0 while there where still instances running. this worked fine until auto-scale scaled the instances down in the night to 1. at the start of the day auto scale was not able to scale back up to the initial amount which did lead into heavy performance issues and outages. we needed to move the instances as azure support did not help us.
after many calls with azure and multiple teams involved we finally did not get the quota approved (even if we did have it already and was not asking for „new“ quotas).
also we decided to not be able to host in the German azure region anymore. Even if we could get the quota this is a business risk we don’t want to bear anymore to not be able to scale for unexpected traffic.
this is huge for us as our application requires German servers. We are still in research where to host in future.
our quota has been silently set to 0 while there where still instances running. this worked fine until auto-scale scaled the instances down in the night to 1. at the start of the day auto scale was not able to scale back up to the initial amount which did lead into heavy performance issues and outages. we needed to move the instances as azure support did not help us. after many calls with azure and multiple teams involved we finally did not get the quota approved (even if we did have it already and was not asking for „new“ quotas).
also we decided to not be able to host in the German azure region anymore. Even if we could get the quota this is a business risk we don’t want to bear anymore to not be able to scale for unexpected traffic.
this is huge for us as our application requires German servers. We are still in research where to host in future.